If you’ve followed the blog for long, you know that nJoy Vision prides itself on staying up-to-date on industry trends, especially as they relate to eye health, technology, and overall industry news. This story from the AAO got us super excited! This is just another way of bringing great eye care to the masses!
(Info courtesy of aao.org)
EyeSmart, the American Academy of Ophthalmology’s eye health information for the public, is now available on an improved mobile-friendly platform. The Academy is the preeminent professional organization for ophthalmologists, and its members review EyeSmart content to ensure the public receives timely, accurate information about eye care.
The Eye Health section of AAO.org offers all the information that previously was on the Academy’s geteyesmart.org website.
The site contains articles for the public about everything from glaucoma to pink eye; a feature that lets users read other users’ questions along with ophthalmologists’ answers; and a search tool for finding an ophthalmologist.
The AAO.org site loads faster than EyeSmart’s old site and is optimized to display on all devices. Other advantages of the site include:
- Improved Find an Eye M.D., which provides a more-intuitive, mobile-friendly interface with better mapping tools
- Improved site navigation
- A new Eye Health A-Z section that makes it easier to find what you want
- New sharing tools
- An improved interface for Ask an Eye M.D. so that visitors can easily find existing answers for questions for questions similar to theirs
- Deeper connections between related topics
- Links to Spanish versions of most content
- Integration with Google translate to open the site to readers of dozens of other languages.