10900 Hefner Pointe Drive, Suite 101
Oklahoma City, OK 73120
Phone: (405) 842-6060
Monday–Thursday: 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m.–12 p.m.
Your Cataract Consultation
Our goal is to provide patients with access to excellent care and positive results when they choose our laser eye surgery center in Oklahoma City (OKC) for their cataract surgery. To help ensure these expectations can be met, we recommend that all prospective patients schedule a cataract consultation to help determine the best course of action for their vision needs. Call (405) 842-6060 today to quickly and conveniently schedule a consultation.
We understand that your decision to undergo any surgical procedure requires careful consideration and planning. A cataract consultation allows you the time you need to feel comfortable and educated about your options.
What To Expect at Your Cataract Consultation
- You can expect your initial consultation and discussion to last 2 to 3 hours.
- You should expect a call from and nJoy patient advocate prior to your appointment. During this phone consultation, several questions regarding your insurance and visual goals will be discussed.
- During the initial examination, a doctor will perform several tests and dilate your pupils. This helps to obtain accurate measurements and aids in checking the health of the inside of your eyes.
- Daily-wear soft contact lenses should be removed for two weeks prior to taking measurements, and hard or rigid gas permeable lenses should be removed for 8 to 12 weeks. If you wear contact lenses, be sure to mention this when you schedule your appointment.
- Consultations are often scheduled after your primary eye care doctor has evaluated you and diagnosed cataracts. In such cases, your doctor will be able to send information from that exam.
- When you schedule your appointment, we will email you a new patient paperwork packet that you can complete and give to us when you check-in for your consultation. If you prefer, we can mail it instead. If you are unable to complete the forms prior to your visit, we will have this paperwork available for you to complete when you arrive.