10900 Hefner Pointe Drive, Suite 101
Oklahoma City, OK 73120
Phone: (405) 842-6060
Monday–Thursday: 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m.–12 p.m.
CATALYS® Cataract Surgery
nJoy Vision is the first vision correction center in Oklahoma City (OKC) to offer cataract surgery patients, who visit from throughout the OKC region, including Norman, Moore, and surrounding areas, the CATALYS® Precision Laser System, the new standard in precision cataract surgery.
Using CATALYS, cataract surgeons at nJoy Vision provide a gentle, highly customized cataract procedure that’s much more precise than traditional manual techniques.
What Is the CATALYS System?
Developed by Silicon Valley-based OptiMedica Corp., CATALYS is a new FDA market cleared medical device that features a state-of-the-art laser, advanced 3D imaging, and many other innovative features that can bring numerous benefits to nJoy Vision patients. Because every eye has a unique size and shape, CATALYS’ advanced 3D imaging technology builds a 3D map of each eye and tailors the treatment to that map. This allows surgeons at nJoy Vision to create a customized treatment plan that matches the uniqueness of each eye. Surgeons then use CATALYS to create a circular opening for accessing and removing the cataract. Clinical studies have shown that this opening is approximately 10 times more accurate when performed with CATALYS than what is achievable by hand. (1,2) CATALYS then softens and breaks up the hard cataract into tiny pieces, allowing for gentler, easier cataract removal. (3)
CATALYS allows surgeons to create a customized treatment plan that matches the uniqueness of each eye.
Depending on the patient’s pre-operative vision and desired visual result, we may recommend a tailored treatment plan that could include creating ultra-precise laser incisions in the cornea and a specific clear lens type, such as a multi-focal lens. This tailored treatment may reduce a patient’s need for glasses or contacts after surgery. The benefits of CATALYS include:
- A highly customized procedure using advanced 3D imaging
- A treatment with little or no discomfort
- A more precise treatment
- A gentler and easier cataract removal
- Generally, a more rapid visual recovery due to reduced inflammation (4)
- The opportunity to receive tailored treatment with advanced technology multi-focal lenses, which may reduce the need for glasses or contacts after surgery.
If you’ve been looking in the Oklahoma City area for a laser cataract surgery specialist, you can request a consultation at nJoy Vision by calling our office at (405) 347-8509 to discuss your options with one of our specialists. You can also submit a Cataract Self-Evaluation test to learn if you’re a good candidate for this procedure.
- Friedman, NJ, et al., “Femtosecond Laser Capsulotomy,” Journal of Cataract & Refractive Surgery, 2011 July; 37(7): 1189-1198
- Palanker, D., et al., “Femtosecond Laser-Assisted Cataract Surgery with Integrated Optical Coherence Tomography,” Science Translational Medicine, Vol 2 Issue 58: 1-9 (2010)
- Burkhard HD., “The synergy of MICS and femtosecond lasers: The future of small incision cataract surgery” Ophthalmology Times Europe, 2012 April; Vol 8 Issue 3
- Burkhard HD., “Femtosecond cataract surgery outcomes: an advance or not?” Proceedings from the XXX Congress of the European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery in Milan, Italy. September 2012.