Imagine a world where you wake up every morning with crystal-clear vision, no longer stumbling and fumbling to poke contact lenses in your crusty, sleepy eyes. Sounds pretty amazing, right? LASIK at nJoy Vision in Oklahoma City can make this contactless world a reality.
But, if you’re one of the 45 million contact lens wearers in the U.S., you might need more than the ol’ “up and at ‘em” argument to see why LASIK is the clear choice for vision correction. In this blog post, we’ll compare the cost of LASIK to the lifetime cost of wearing contact lenses, explore the non-financial benefits of laser vision correction, and reveal how continued contact lens use puts the health of your eyes at risk.
Dollars and Sense: Comparing the Cost of LASIK to a Lifetime of Contact Lens Usage
When it comes to deciding between LASIK and the continual use of contact lenses, the bottom line is often the bottom line.
LASIK in Oklahoma City at nJoy Vision typically comes with a price tag of about $2,500 per eye, which makes our LASIK procedures almost $300 less than the national average. While this may seem like a significant upfront expense, it’s essential to consider the lifetime cost of wearing contact lenses. Even if you have poor vision at a distance, it’s easy to see that LASIK is a much more sensible investment down the road.
- Contact Lenses. The annual cost of contact lenses can range from $200 to more than $700, depending on the type of lenses and brand. Over time, this expense stacks up significantly. A conservative estimate of a 20-year contact lens journey could easily surpass $10,000.
- Cleaning Solutions and Materials. Don’t forget about the cost of cleaning solutions, cases, and other maintenance materials. These can add hundreds of dollars to your yearly budget.
- Vision Insurance Premiums. Many individuals invest in vision insurance to mitigate the cost of regular eye exams and potential issues associated with contact lens use. Over a lifetime, this can add up to thousands of dollars.
- Prescription Glasses. Let’s be realistic; you can’t wear contact lenses ALL the time. Prescription glasses often cost $150 or more, even with eye insurance, and you’ll need at least one pair lying around.
At nJoy Vision, we know the cost of LASIK can still be a hurdle for many, even if it pays for itself in a few years. That’s why we always try to further reduce the cost of LASIK for our patients through payment options and savings promotions.
We are able to offer patients an affordable financing option through CareCredit with $0 down and 0% interest. FSA and HSA plans let you flex your bennies and save on LASIK with pre-tax funds that reduce your taxable income. We also offer LASIK discounts through corporate partner programs and insurance savings plans (Primary Vision Care Services and Vision Care Direct). Finally, we’re honored to provide LASIK discounts to union, civil service, and military professionals.
Schedule a FREE consultation to see how we can make the most advanced LASIK in OKC even more affordable for you.
More than Money: The Non-Financial Benefits of LASIK
For many of our patients, their decision to ditch contact lenses for LASIK wasn’t even about the cost. To them, the following quality of life improvements LASIK introduces are invaluable.
- Time Saved. Think about all the precious minutes you spend each day putting in and taking out your contact lenses. You can say goodbye to this routine with LASIK and enjoy more leisurely mornings and relaxing evenings.
- Convenience. LASIK offers unparalleled convenience. A LASIK procedure at nJoy Vision typically takes just 15 minutes for both eyes and most patients fully recover within 12 hours and are seeing 20/20 or better in 24 hours. That means in just one day’s time, many patients will never have to worry about hassling with spare lenses, cases, and cleaning supplies ever again.
- Personal Freedom. Imagine having the freedom to enjoy activities without worrying about losing or ruining contact lenses. LASIK allows you to swim, participate in sports, and travel without any restrictions.
LASIK Lowers The Risk of Eye Infections
Contact lens wearers hate to admit it, but according to the CDC, 98% of them do not use proper hygiene when handling their contact lenses. This puts contact lens wearers at a much greater risk of getting an eye infection. Here are some key risks associated with contact lens use:
- Bacterial Infections. Failing to clean and disinfect your lenses properly can lead to bacterial infections like keratitis, which can be painful and even threaten your vision.
- Fungal Infections. In rare cases, improper lens care can result in fungal infections that are challenging to treat and can cause permanent damage.
- Corneal Ulcers. Corneal ulcers are open sores on the eye’s outer layer, often caused by bacterial or fungal infections. These can lead to scarring and vision impairment.
- Corneal Damage. Wearing contacts too long and not following a proper schedule can cause severe irritation and even scratches on the cornea, increasing the risk of infection.
- Dry Eye Syndrome. Wearing contact lenses can contribute to dry eye syndrome, a condition that causes discomfort and can affect your quality of life.
- Allergic Reactions. Wearing dirty lenses or getting allergens trapped behind the contact lens can lead to redness, itching, or swelling. Some individuals even develop allergies to contact lens materials or cleaning solutions.
In contrast, LASIK eliminates the need for contact lenses, significantly reducing the risk of these infections and complications.
The Final Decision: nJoy Vision is Where You LASIK
While the upfront cost of LASIK may seem substantial, it pales in comparison to the lifetime expenses associated with contact lens wear. The convenience, personal freedom, and reduced risk of eye infections make LASIK the clear choice for vision correction.
And when it comes to LASIK, there’s no better choice than nJoy Vision in Oklahoma City. Our state-of-the-art technology, exceptional value, affordable payment options, and team of experienced surgeons have helped thousands of patients achieve better vision. LASIK at nJoy Vision is not just an investment in your vision; it’s an investment in your quality of life.